An t-Óglác is often described as a successor to the Irish Volunteer publication. The Irish Volunteer was known as the official organ of the Irish Volunteers, which aimed to provide guidance and to develop the Volunteer movement.
The first edition was published on the 7th February 1914 shortly after the foundation of the Irish Volunteers and from then on it was published by the proprietor of the ‘Enniscorthy Echo’, provided editorial approval was given by the Provisional Committee. It ceased publication on the eve of the 1916 Rising.
Click on the link below to access the collection